FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man Makes Improvised Shotgun; Crossbow; & Mace w/Items Available After TSA Checkpoint
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:51 am
WillCAD

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by javabytes
On the contrary. Continued ridicule of the TSA/DHS is exactly what's needed.
I agree that continued ridicule of TSA and DHS is needed.

However, what this guy is doing is not ridiculing TSA or DHS, it's simply a narcissistic attempt to show people how clever he is. "Look at me! Look at me! I can make a bazooka out of a magazine and a Pringles can! I can make a hand grenade out of a can of body spray! I can make a nuclear weapon out of the tritium hands of thousands of glow in the dark watches! Aren't I just the CLEVEREST!"

He is performing exactly the same stupidity as TSA does - focusing on threats that are 1 in 7 billion, while ignoring the threats that are more like 1 in a million.

You don't need Axe body spray or Pringles cans or duct tape to improvise a weapon airside - all you need is a steak knife from the Green Turtle and to watch the local police; with that steak knife, you can obtain a firearm, a baton, pepper spray, and handcuffs, and probably a knife or multitool, in a minute or two. The hard part is timing and positioning so that the scene of your acquisition is not discovered until you're aboard your flight.

Or, get a job at Sbarro or McDonalds and bring in whatever you want.

But instead, this guy is touting Axe grenades and magazine shotguns as if they're a legitimate threat.

Hence, my original assessment: He's an idiot.