FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I crazy for even thinking about taking AF F over KE F?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:50 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
KE Kosmo suite is wider than AF sideways seats with little privacy. Importantly to me the IFE is superior with a much wider screen.
Service, wine and food is better on KE than AF.

Indeed AF F lounge in CDG is a nice lounge and a great experience if you have never done it.
But it is a lounge nevertheless and you will get bored if you stay there a couple of hours. Wines in lounge are not great (nothing like onboard KE) and food is not like a michelin-starred restaurant. Would I stuff/plaster myself before enjoying the experience of a F dinner onboard? certainly not. Would I pay an extra EUR50 to get the AF F lounge over a typical J lounge? yes. Would I pay more? no. To me a lounge is a waiting place to board before enjoying a great F experience onboard. KE F experience in Kosmo suite should be great. In AF F it depends. But if you are not used to F, both experiences will be a treat.

F awards on FB make no sense whatsoever. If you can get AF F on a KE codeshare with a reasonable amount of miles, why not try it?

Last edited by brunos; Nov 29, 2013 at 1:27 am