FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man Makes Improvised Shotgun; Crossbow; & Mace w/Items Available After TSA Checkpoint
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:20 am
WillCAD

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by halls120
I think he's pretty ingenious. Not only has he produced working weapons airside, he's illustrated what a farce most TSA practices really are.

IOW, he's an idiot because you disagree with him. Got it.
Actually, I consider him an idiot because I agree completely with the message he's sending, but I think he's sending it in a manner which is guaranteed to never be taken seriously, change any minds, or provoke rational, serious thought; instead, it is guaranteed to provoke jokes, contempt for the message, scorn of the detractors, and maybe even anger from the stupids who think he's "showing The Bad Guys how to beat our security!" He's abandoned the substance of his message in favor of the wow-factor, and the message itself has been completely lost.

I also think that, at this point, he's lost sight of the message himself, and is not merely indulging his own whimsical penchant for creating Rube Goldberg machinery and egotistically showing it off on the internet.

That's why he's an idiot.