View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 13, 3:28 pm
jwill

Programs: Delta Diamond and HHonors Diamond
re: The Hilton Property in Curacao

In 2011, I was cautioned by a business associate in Hilton Corp to not have my honeymoon at the Hilton Curacao. That conversation was in June 2011. The property needed tremendous work at the time and wasn't up to Hilton standards. That's how it was phrased to me, and the tripadvisor reviews at the time supported that decision.

If they have renovated since then...great. If not, you might consider elsewhere.

I did honeymoon in Curacao, but I didn't use points. It's a tremendous island. The only weird thing is that the great beaches aren't at most of the great resorts. It's a bit of a drive to the beaches. But I would go back to Curacao in a heartbeat. We had a destination wedding there and were hitched at Fort Amsterdam. Great, great experience.

Klein is the deserted island off the coast which has amazing snorkling. Lots of great white sand beaches and snorkeling. Food is above average for the Carribbean. Below Aruba (aruba is best I've had)....above St Kitts and comparable...but not quite as nice as San Juan.