Old Nov 26, 13, 5:20 pm
sjpmurph01

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
I'm not trying to take the FA's side on this, because if there's even an ounce of truth to the story as the OP tells it, her alleged behavior is inexcusable.

But...

10. Always follow crew instructions and immediately turn off your device if asked.
http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releas...m?newsId=15254

I don't know if US' specific electronics policy that they would have had to recently update with the FAA is available online, but I can just about guarantee that there is something in there to the effect of 'unless otherwise instructed by a crew member to power off electronic devices.'

Again, I think in this case the FA was most likely wrong, misinformed, or having an off day. However, there could have been some other reason that they wanted devices off on that particular flight. And just to play devil's advocate, let's say that the OP unintentionally ignored multiple announcements to power off devices despite the recent FAA changes. The FA would not have been out of line to reiterate that instruction more directly to the OP.

My point - you cannot ignore the fact that you are still required to follow crew member instructions...

Originally Posted by Michael El View Post
...If she told me to punch you in the face I could legally refuse...
...within logical human reason.

Last edited by sjpmurph01; Nov 27, 13 at 3:01 am