FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is US Customer Service Always Useless?
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:28 pm
danielonn

Originally Posted by 172pilot
Earlier this week I flew US Express from CLT to YYZ. I did a SDC ($75) at the gate to grab an earlier flight and as a result didn't get a change to grab lunch. No big deal I figured as I could purchase a snack on the plane. When the FA arrived and I attempted to purchase a snack with a $10 she indicated that she had no change and in fact needed to make change for the person in front of me who just purchased a drink. I was in row 2 of the CRJ and figured that by the end of the service she would have change and come back to me. She could really care less. She sold the snacks of of the cart as well as other drinks and never once tried to sell me the snack. At the end of the service I asked again and "sorry no change". She even complained that the cash service is really a pain for her and hates the whole process. Needless to say - no snack.

I complained on the US website and the reply from a David Gross that I received was insulting. Basically apologizing but also implying that I should have known about the cash only and thus brought on a stack of $1? Didn't suggest that maybe they should carry change but instead made an excuse that the connectors don't accept CC while the mainline does. This is brilliant stuff from an airline that used to charge for soft drinks in Y. I guess ultimately they don't need my $3. As they are leaving *A and I am an AC FF, they don't need to worry. They will never get another $ from me again.
I like the Cashless Cabins with a Credit Card there is none of this change no change ordeal. You could have given your seatmate the money and they could have swiped their card and given you change etc.

American has Cashless cabins so I guess US will go the same route/