FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question on earning very small amount of points
Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:36 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
A 100-point survey or Rewards Network is your best bet. BTW, Scubaccr, one can't buy just 1000 points for $7. The 'Cash & Points, then cancel' trick works only in increments of $70 for 10K or $40 for 5K.
Brendan, basic English, you simply can not cherry pick part of a sentence or paragraph in isolation and thus change the context of what is wtitten as part of the sentence!
Furthermore OP who posted question was not looking to purchase miles, hence this thread question by the OP,

Surely obvious to most English Language readers, that the $7/1000 is included so as to show the value of the OPs possible BigWin promo which Op had yet to use.
Furthermore OP who posted question was not looking to purchase miles, hence the original thread question by the OP I was answering in my post.

I don't abuse P+C with Cancel, but I do usually purchase 10K P+C eac night I book if hotel rate ratio is higher, so am fully aware minimum purchase is 5K, and even max of 40K per day.

My full Sentence is ....
"ALSO... Check your offer, as it costs $7/1000 to buy points, and you might as you have stayed before get crazy Big-Win offer to earn 80K points or so (worth $560 for as little as 4 nights, if you choose hotels, city, brand wisely)
"