FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:03 pm
Higherandhigher

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Sorry, can you clarify? Is DOH-JFK (QR) - LAX (AA) your entire itinerary, and it's booked in F all the way through? Is it QR coded or AA coded?

If you're booked in F, either way you should earn 100% base miles, 100% EQM, 1.5x EQP, and 125% RDM, excluding any status bonuses. Since JFK-LAX is just under 2500 miles, 3700 miles if you mean RDM sounds like that's correct. Is there something I'm missing?
DOH-JFK-LAX is the entire itinerary. QR does not have F to north America. So DOH-JFK is J and I had the option of going J on JFK-LAX or going F (for about $1000 more than J). I am not familiar with EQM, EQP, etc. I just checked on QR website (Qmiles Qcalculator) after talking with AA agents on the phone, and it, too, shows 3713 miles for JFK-LAX leg regardless of my status. The status seemingly just affects QR operated flights.

(I made a mistake. Qcalculator shows 4332 miles for JFK-LAX. But still I was told by the AA agent that I would get 3713 miles.)

Last edited by Higherandhigher; Nov 20, 2013 at 3:05 pm Reason: Adding information