FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me get to Chennai (MAA) and HKG
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:42 pm
sebu91

Programs: UA Silver, AA member, DL member
The Y+ subscription would be sweet, because buying one-time upgrades for the TPAC sectors alone would be near $500. I could have definitely gotten my money's worth out of it had I known about going to India a month ago (could have used the subscription for my trip to England as well). Would a Y+ subscription carry over onto SQ (do they even have a Y+ option?)?

I looked at Air Asia (no connections) and Tigerair (website won't load past the home page for me). Overall, I question whether LCCs will be much cheaper than the $651 on SQ that I found.

I would love to fly Biz on the 744 (especially upper deck - what a dream that would be), but I don't know whether I have enough miles for the upgrade from Y (I did the math wrong earlier in the thread. I only have 71,856 miles, but I do have Silver). How much is TPAC in both directions?
I figure coach is gonna be pretty basic on the 744 and the 772, but I like being on the 772 in coach better due to 9 across and 3-3-3. It just seems more comfortable. Also, the seats in Y are wider on the 772.