FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:08 pm
ty97

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by lizs
This is quite the debate.

No actual information still? I'd assume they have to get info to us before merger is official, right? Especially with January 7th date of reciprocal FF benefits?
To the contrary, I am not sure they can really "officially" announce anything until the merger is official. I would not expect any official announcements about changes at least until Judge Lane (the bankruptcy court judge) okays things, which presumably will happen in the hearing on the 11/25. However, it is probably more realistic that all/most official announcements will not be made until after the merger closes, which is expected in December.

As a (mainly) AA flier, the exact merge date and the US/*AA/UA codeshare divorce is of no import to me, but I do hope the PTB are working things out so that trips you all have booked cross-airline per-merger close still earn you miles. Unfortunately, it may be a couple of weeks still before we have clarity on that point.