FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official CVS Vanilla Reload policy?
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:27 pm
Lemma

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by NavyDoc
Does anyone have a link to an official CVS policy regarding Vanilla Reload cards? I am looking for both daily $ transaction limit, and policy on accepting credit cards for these purchases.

I had read about the $5,000 limit, but can't find an official policy.

I went to my local CVS today, and was told he limit was $1,000. Additionally, despite a sticker on the cash register that specifically states "Only cash accepted for debit cards; cash or credit cards accepted for other prepaid cards", I was told that they wouldn't accept a credit card "just to be safe" even though the sign said otherwise.
Sometimes arguing with them about what the red sticker or corporate policy says works, most of the time it doesn't. Try a different store. Once you find one that works and become a regular who is known to the employees that work there, it will be smooth sailing. I think the CVS employees who give you trouble just can't imagine a legitimate reason for wanting to buy these cards with credit, and so they assume you must be up to no good.

At my usual CVS there is a piece of paper on a bulletin board behind the register that explains the corporate policy and $5k limit.