FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage Shopping Portal Holiday 2013 Bonus
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:21 pm
wise2u

dont trust cartera

Craptera runs a bunch of airline shopping portals and have screwed many people out of promised "bonus mile offers" . They are famous for having bots send canned letters if you complain and no replies from customer service (what little they have) They will deny you qualify and ask if you can prove it...if you do have screenshots they will ignore your evidence and you will spend 6 months writing e-mails and waiting to get points that they never planned to give in the first place....The airlines that they run the portal for have absolutely no involvement with it, other than putting their name on it and paying Craptera to run it. They will refer all complaints to Craptera. They screwed me on United Months of Miles promo and I will never forget it or forgive their empty promises and shady practices. Marathon Man wound up suing them, and if I had known at the time I would have joined him. Do not EXPECT any promo run by Craptera to be honored.
Do EXPECT to have to fight for your points....is it really worth the overpriced crap they sell through their site? I think not...and I am not alone. They have a reputation of intentionally screwing people out of points, you can read about it everywhere. Unfortunately they must offer the airlines a great deal to run the sites in their name, split the profits with them, and absolve them of any responsibility....they are trying to monopolize the airline portals. Don't do business with them, you will be sorry sooner than later.