FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubling Down 5 Continent RTW Marathon (EY/SQ/NH/LH F, LA/RJ/LO/OU/SW/SA J +Others)
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:50 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by opushomes
Having just returned yesterday from Cape Town via Dubai and San Francisco to Portland , even in business it is tiring. You commented on the longest flight on SQ being eliminated. Does this leave DXB-LAX as the longest scheduled flight?

Glad that you enjoyed LAN, looks like things have not changed much in the last 7 years in respect to service and corporate attitude. You did miss the 3rd lounge in Santiago, but my recollection was that the AA one was the pick of the litter.

If you are collecting bad lounges, try the Alaska one in SFO-one of the worst that I have encountered-it is worse than the one in Pusan which at least is large while lacking in amenities.

Enjoy it while you are young, once you are over 60. your capacity to deal with aircraft seats will diminish. Great report, keep it coming.
Tired Yet, currently definitely
First a nice "Hafa Adai" to you
3 hrs of sleep the night prior + Flying UA E- HKG-GUM + 1/2 day auto-touring the South Side of Guam, was planning to tan on the beach the rest of the day.
Nix that, passed out cold for the remaining half of the day on the hotel bed.
Even slept through 2 Iphone alarms

Yep SIN-LAX and SIN-EWR are both goners.
Actually DFW-SYD on the QF Boeing 747-400ER is the next highest on the list.
LAN service wise is ok, attitude can be a bit "employee first" mentality now that you mentioned it.
Strangely you brought it up first, I first try to got to the LAN Mistral Lounge when I went airside that night, left me pretty confused how LA Business + AA Emerald didn't qualify for a lounge.
Hence the Neruda and the very old decor Admiral's Club

Can't come up with a bad lounge right now, I try to wipe them clean from the memory.

I'm not even halfway to 60 and I know my body is not reacting the same when I was 17 vs. currently.
Definitely remembering the years of being a college freshman and doing the stupidest stuff possible, drinking, eating, fooling around, pushing yourself to the limit.
Can't do 75% of what I can before

As Churchill will say "20 - 25 y.o, those were the days"
And I am finding a lot of truth on that already