FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an EVA 777-300ER
Old Nov 16, 2013, 6:26 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RandomNobody
1/3rd of the users of the Elite lav are the regular economy folks sneaking through the curtain. (in my non-scientific estimation)

Since there is no easy way to get from one lav to the other, the Elite folks also use that passageway to get to the other side's lav if their side is occupied, and for "I need to stretch and not sit" breaks, adding to the curtain disturbances.
The "closed" Elite cabin is very strange and causes a ton of problems - for the Elite passengers who want get to the other side (e.g. to use the lav), Y passengers in row 45 and FAs doing their jobs. It is obviously not feasible to modify the cabin again and they probably want to keep Elite small to keep the yield up.

I did not see that many Y passengers using the Elite lav - the only one seems to be the guy next to me. Many seem to be coming from the other side of Elite.

By the way, I thought, like the RL seat, the Y seat was pretty stiff. I have also flown Elite before and thought the seat was nice - sort of foam like. The Y seat's form was good though - it supported me pretty well. The recline was actually more than I expected. I think like the UA E+ - maybe partially because the seat slides forward?

Oh, I tried a non-exit Y seat and could not extend my legs - there is a box under the seat in front. Is that box under every seat or only certain aisle ones?

Last edited by username; Nov 16, 2013 at 6:40 pm