FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:28 am
schley

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Just got a Diamond status match sounds great.

I had my 2 nights anywhere in the world from the Chase CC sign up last year. Haven't used them and booked 2 nights at the Park Hyatt Dubai. Wanted to get the club lounge and breakfast ect. so with the rules just changing a couple days before for the 3k points for club level per stay to per night I looked into a status match. In 2 days I got it confirmed based on SPG Plat and didn't expect a couple things:

1. I get the 4 suite upgrade certs during my trial period.
2. If I qualify 12 nights in 60 days I get status until Feb 2015.
3. 1k points per night for first 6 nights.

I am excited as I will use one cert for the suite at Park Hyatt Dubai with club/breakfast etc. (I don't think I can use them on free nights can I?) This may motivate me to just book the cheapest Hyatt I can find in Chicago area during xmas for 12 days and allow family to use it.

I have 3 more nights this year to hit 75 nights with SPG which I want also. Hmmmmm decisions, decisions....

Overall I like Hyatt but bad news with the recent changes to the program and I don't have enough nights to spread between the two programs really.

Will they allow a status match 1x per year? Or is it once a lifetime?

Thanks.

Last edited by schley; Nov 16, 2013 at 12:38 am