FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 15, 13, 11:26 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
We really liked the bed Oh well, I always knew we were strange.

On the other hand, we were quite disappointed with the food/beverage offerings in the lounge. Breakfast was exactly the same every day for our 10-night stay; although the staff were great. Evening was pretty much a 2-day rotation.

The suite is not great, but I would think it must still be a big step up from a standard room. At least there is a lot of suite upgrade availability, which does not seem to be the case too often. 9 months in advance and I really had to browbeat GH Fukuoka for a full week upgrade, even though res centre was clearly showing the suite available for revenue booking; 6 months in advance and Mainz has no availability, etc.

I'm sure there are a lot of better suites than those at the Churchill, but for us it was a lot better than being stuffed into a tiny room for 10 nights, and we've booked an upgrade again for a week next May.

I hope they don't change the beds by then
Of course beds are subjective.
The new InterContinental has excellent beds in the tradition of the Westin Heavenly Bed or Four Seasons
Typically that's a soft pillow top with good strong medium to firm support underneath.
This is what the medical community generally recommends as opposed to hard or just soft.I agree the lounge offerings here especially at night leave much to be desired.
They need to spy on Grand Hyatt Melbourne who night after night always left me wowed at half the price of the Hyatt Churchill
Having said that I'm fine overall with the club breakfast don't need the extra calories and don't drink much bit waters so they save plenty on me!

The Hyatt Churchill has challenges they do not want to give the luxury suites out and prefer to sell them so typically Diamonds wont be receiving them
The standard is a small jr suite that may or not over look the park or building wall for those a fan of seeing bricks
Some of the other larger suites that are large and spacious face side streets and or building walls.While not part of the upgrade pool have been granted on select occasions
My suggestion is to build a relationship with the hotel and share with them your preference's. While that's not a guarantee it really helps in my own experience