FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Over, Motion Passed: Create an Information Desk Forum
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:51 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Out of 39 threads in the ID forum, I see 3 that are program specific from the titles. A 4th you wouldn't know until you read the thread & saw a hotel program in the first post - although truthfully that one isn't really program specific if you think about it, as the same question has been asked in multiple hotel programs. I don't see a few as several. I do agree they should get switched to the specific airline or hotel forum with a redirect link, and my guess is that will probably happen soon.

Need to check on the sub-title wording for the forum, but that's an easy fix.

What I hope to see from those commenting in this thread is active & welcoming/helpful participation in the ID forum, and hopefully some wiki input as well.

I know there are 2 threads re: comparison of hotel & airline programs (that I'm thinking might be helpful as a sticky at some point vs just reg threads that drop down) that could use some additional info, as the mods of the ID forum aren't familiar with all programs, so perhaps folk posting in this thread want to take a look at those & add some info in the wikis. Your help & giving back to FTers would certainly be appreciated.

Information Desk is a new forum on FT that is intended to be especially helpful to newbies & even some old-timers if they don't know how to do such things on FT as My Flyertalk. It will shake itself out & find its own groove. Because of the type of forum it is which will encompass things not just program-related, but how to better utilize FT in general it's going to be more encompassing than other forums & needs a bit of time (and input) to become fully functional.

I would hope that all would be supportive of this new forum & also be helpful in it. If you have specific suggestions on things to add to it, etc, then PMs to the mods & ambassadors would be great.

Cheers.