FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA taking "ownership" / "control" of a reservation made by a TA for a ($50) fee?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:22 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I apologize - didn't realize you said gold. SDC should be free. Should be able to use it multiple times. Of course, same fare class needs to be available - if not, you do have to pay the fare difference. However, I've never seen the web site or mobile app proactively offer changes to flights unless the same fare class was available - you usually need an agent to do that.

Does sound like a glitch - a call should do it.
Fare basis is not relevant to SDC. If a seat is available and it's not oversold, then it's yours.

Originally Posted by sakaike
Was your original ticket issued by a corporate TA?

I coincidentally encountered a $50 fee yesterday that was new to me. In changing an itinerary directly through UA that was originally issued by my corporate TA, I was told I had to pay a $50 "transfer fee" for UA to take control of the ticket from the corporate TA.

I think I have done this several times in the past with no such fee. Perhaps this is what the OP is referring to.

Anyone else aware of this fee, and if so, has it been around for very long?
The corporate "takeover" fee is not applicable for SDC.