FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubling Down 5 Continent RTW Marathon (EY/SQ/NH/LH F, LA/RJ/LO/OU/SW/SA J +Others)
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:47 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LH4116
Must say that LAN's new Business Class looks fairly nice, though I don't really see a point as to why they decided to upgrade their 767s. The "old" seats were almost fully-flat anyway. Also how cramped was the 6-abreast seating?

I'm also a bit surprised to see LAN use a contract lounge at MIA. Surely their OW partner AA have a large operations there, so couldn't they just use the AAdmirals Club?

It is pretty good, as to the upgrade from the old to the new seat? Really isn't my territory so I can't comment on it.
6 abreast is a bit tight at 18" seat width, you can't try to overly stretch out because chances are you will hit someone in the aisle or the seat neighbor.
Otherwise, I love the seat, very good seat pitch, good sleeping surface, has all the feature you want in a J seat.

LAN uses Concourse J, AA uses Concourses D&E, they aren't connected airside so why the use of a Contract Lounge.
Sad since the contract lounge is such a piece of crap.

Will get another part up later today, but might have to slow down posting over the weekend