FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SUGGESTION BOX: How can we improve this forum?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:20 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Meta-Information Desk: How can we improve this forum?

Originally Posted by jackal
[*]Basic questions on a subject that doesn't easily fit in a single forum (such as the perennial "Which airline/hotel program should I collect miles in?" question )
Because of this, I think it would very useful to have a link to the Information Desk that's easy to access from the Miles & Points forums.

Right now, you have to go the FORUM drop down, select Forum home (which doesn't expand the Airlines and Hotels sections, which is why I normally don't use it and instead go directly to Miles & Points, where these sorts of questions used to be), and then wait for that to draw and select Information Desk from there.

Hopefully an easier way to get to Information Desk from Miles & Points (and possibly from other places) can be found. Maybe put a direct link to it on the HELP menu, since it's largely here to help newcomers? Then you could just drop donw the HELP menu, select Information Desk from it, and be here with one actual click.