FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting in TB Elections? Some things to consider.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:46 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by wharvey
...I know my votes will be decided among the eight candidates that chose to actively participate in the debate.
Well..... I still consider ScottC's answer about the accusation of not participating to be entirely apt: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ml#post4818135

I know some of the candidates by their posting history. In some of those cases, there is nothing a poster could post in the questions-and-answers forum that would ever cause me to vote for that person. More positively put, in some other cases, though, there is nothing that a poster could post in the question-and-answers forum that I can imagine dissuading me from voting for him/her. Posting history over the years is far more important to me than anything else. Which is why in 2005 I voted for ScottC and why he won.

Originally Posted by tom911
Would make it a lot easier to just shut down the forum and disband the Talk Board....
^

I hope a TalkBoard member will make that motion