FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weird experiences lately in BC
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:38 pm
saneman

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
Weird experiences lately in BC

I got upgraded last month from HOU-ATL. Got in after all the BC passengers. u BC was NOT full. yet all the overhead bin space was full. I only had one laptop bag. Since I am tall, I prefer to put it above me. Some airtran employees hogged one of the bin spaces with a lot of their gear. FA was kind of curt and told me to place it near my feet. I wonder where the other two BCs would have put theirbags if BC sold out instead.

THen I had a flight from PBI-ATL 3 weeks ago. The FA told one idiot that he could sit in my seat 1D when he goofily asked her if he could sit there(according to the guy in 1F who told me whathappened after the flight). I walk in and see my seat occupied by goofball. Then the goofball feigns confusion about his seat number and stands around looking confused. At no point, the FAs ask him to leave. I see an empty seat in 3F and since I prefer that seat anyway, decide to take that seat and since I was last on the plane, I had a feeling 3F was a no show in a full BC.

Then I had a flight from ATL-PHL last week. I am given 1D at the ticket counter when checking in my bag. Since I already got upgraded, I decide to take my sweet time going to the gate. I arrive at the gate 20 -25 min early. The GA scans my boarding pass and tells me that something was wrong and directs me to the main gate counter further away from the door. The lady told me she gave away my ticket to someone else. I am not happy. But I can't demand anything as it is a free upgrade. I asked if my exit row seat was still there. She said yes. When I walk in, I notice 2 empty seats in BC and tell the FAs what happened andasked them if they could let me upgrade if the no shows remained no shows. They dont show up. THere are two Airtran FAs sitting in Row 4. The FAs to their credit ask me to go to the BC cabin before departing. Those FAs in row 4 probably hogged the overhead speace again in BC and despite 2 no shows, the BC bins were already full. So I had to put my bag underneath again. I talked to the lady next to me and she told me she was on a buddy pass and she got upgraded at the gate. Shouldnt the Ga have waited until the last minute before giving a buddy pass passenger on standby the opportunity to get the upgrade?

PHL-ATL today: I have someone with me on my reservation. So i go the GA 50 min before departure since he made some announcement of someone needing to pick their boarding pass . I asked him how the elite upgrades looked. He said you can pay 89 bucks. even if he misunderstood my question, it's ony 69. When I repeated ELTE, he asked me for my name. I then reminded him my mom was on my reservation too. he then told me upgrades were only for elites and not anyone else. I told him she was on my reservation. This guy is a Southwest guy. He looked confused for asec, but processed the upgrade anyway. He kind of mumbled that there might not be seats together. I said that's not a problem. But he ended up giving us two seats next to each other anyway. There ended up being 3 empty seats in BC after all that.