FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:20 pm
Vasco

Originally Posted by seanman571
I think that TD will offer a perpetual waiver to those customers with a Select Service account. They already offer this for existing customers who carry one of their 'premium' travel/rewards cards that carry the typical $120 fee.

If they were to offer a card to compete with the American Express Aeroplan Plat, like a Visa Signature or Visa Black with a $499ish AF and 50-60k APs I can see a lot of people ditching their AeroPlats and CIBC AeroGolds.

The front line infantry at the bank know nothing of what will come from the Aimia deal, every time I ask they try and get me to switch to a First Class Infinite Visa. I guess we will all have to wait until Jan 1 when they will announce something... Hopefully.

FWIW TD hasn't really done much with MBNA since acquiring them.

I don't think the Aeroplan cards will be offered as part of Select Service. When they had the AA card they specifically excluded it from the list. TD needs to make back thier money, so I don't see them allowing a permanent fee-waiver for Aeroplan cards.

Furthermore, I suspect the fee will be $150 or higher, to bring them up to the same fee as the BMO card and the Amex Gold Rewards. They'll call it a "Visa Infinte Plus" or a "Visa Infinite Elite" or some other such nonsense to justify it.