FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Great Alaskan Beer Run. Oktoberfest Alaska Style.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:42 am
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I decided since I was in no hurry to get anywhere. I decided to stop by the newly remodeled SEA Boardroom.

Seating area. There used to be some nice comfy couches in this corner but they fit in more seats this way.

Brown leather seats were scattered around

I decided to have a glass of Alaskan Amber and a salad. There were several different salad dressings on offer along with some real cheese. The beer was really good. Much better from the tap than the can or bottle.

The guys watching the game

After a second beer it was closing time so I made my way to the hotel. I stayed at the Fairfield Inn near the airport. I got an AAA rate of $89 which was the cheapest yet still decent hotel this close to the airport. To this day I'm still trying to get my United/Mariott RewardsPlus account linked so I can have gold status so i was given a standard room. Here are 2 photos of the room

I was originally scheduled for the 6am flight to Anchorage and my upgrade had cleared. Prior to going to bed at midnight, I did a same day change to the 8am flight so I could get some sleep and hopefully a view on the way up to Anchorage. I gave up my upgrade in order to make the change.

So many SDC options for AS elites

Warm but not so tasty breakfast, at least there was Cholula hot sauce so I could spruce it up

I woke up about 90 min before departure, got ready and repacked. I left on the shuttle leaving an hour before departure. It was about a 10 min ride to the airport going the back way to avoid construction. Although I was flying on AS, I told the driver I was flying delta as the precheck line, is much quicker than the one closer to the AS gates. They were right, not a single person was in the lane so I zoomed through. My flight was going out of the dreaded N gates. I had to take 2 or trains in order to get to the terminal. Luckily the enterence to teh trains is very close to the precheck lane. By the time I reached the gate, it had only been about 20 min since i left the hotel.

Alaska Airlines Flight 83
737-400 SEA-ANC, Coach Seat 28F

I was #1 of 3 on the upgrade list for this flight but somehow I really wasn't first on the list as number 2 and 3 cleared and I was the only person who did not. I was the sole elite in the back of the bus.

View from my seat 2 rows forward of the aft Lav

Bye Bye Seattle

Some cool mountains

I had a bloody mary as my "First one on us" drink. I guess its not so bad in back when you have your own set of 3.

Light load. I'm not sure why so many people try to pick the seats closer to the front vs the back which had so many empties.

Sadly switching to a flight that spent more time in the sun didn't work out too well. It was cloudy for most of the trip. Finally started to break up as we got closer in

Glacier

Overhead view of where I believe the train will be taking me later

Excellent view of the airport with anchorage in the background

Touchdown is a mere seconds away

Delta 747 looks bigger than the airport