FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Nov 9, 2013, 4:14 pm
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by maggie08
Long time non-elite AAdvantage member, though due to a fluke in work schedule, I just qualified for Gold for the first time a few weeks ago and will be 6 segments short of platinum on Dec 31.

In deciding if it's worth it to go for it, I'm trying to find out how long the perks of platinum will last?

This page suggests until Feb 28 2015.

However the pdf membership guides (external link also found here) suggests Feb 28 2014. (page 14) ...As in about 90 measly days from now.

I have a couple planned international flights in April and May, and platinum status would be nice for those. But if But I'll be kicking myself if I use up vacation days and $$ trying to platinum qualify only to have those benefits expire just before those trips.

clarification from seasoned elites?

Thanks!
Welcome to FlyerTalk, maggie08!

If you qualify for PLT before the end of the year, you will enjoy that status thru Feb 28, 2015. The PDF guide probably just hasn't been updated.

Since it's a bit confusing, this would be a great question to add to our FAQ, so thanks for asking it!