FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost seat assignment - travelling with small children - anything to be done?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:23 pm
BoeingBoy

Programs: None
Originally Posted by jroff1
How is it that US's systems somehow filled up every other seat on the plane without assigning any seats to a family of 4 - one of whom is gold preferred?
I assume that you were in the G/H seats on the right side of the cabin. Those seats don't exist on the narrowbodies as there is only A/B/C on one side and D/E/F on the other. With the equipment change the computer most likely left passengers in seats that exist on the A330 and A320 where they were. Those seated in G/H had no seats on the A320 so those assigned these seats were left without a seat assignment.

Is there anything at all that I can do at this point? I don't even care where we sit on the plane. I just need to know that we'll have seats next to our young children.
I'm not sure res can move someone that still has an assigned seat - you may have to wait till you get to the airport. You can watch for more open seats, especially often when the windows open for elite upgrades. If you can grab even two seats next to each other and not in an exit row I'd do it. It's easier to get people to move to give you two seats together than to get two sets of 2 seats together.

Jim