FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:57 am
Medved

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by travellingcari
I've heard that the boardwalk also has good dining and, in December, shouldn't be a bad walk.

It seems like the pool here is spectacular and the club room looks gorgeous. How's the service?
This is a long walk from the Diplomat to boardwalk -- a couple of miles. Either you go along the shore (pitch black at night) or along the road. Though lots of lights and safe, it's a narrow sidewalk, lots of cars passing buy, not much pedestrian traffic at all. Take a trolley instead which goes every 30-40 minutes until 10PM and cost $1 per head. It stop right by the hotel. If you eat late, cab is the only option back -- $10.

Service quality is a perception. Review for each and every hotel vary from abysmal to oustanding. When I got my corner suite (used SNAs) which is very nice, I had 3 technical issues: TV wasn't turning on, fridge not working, safe stopped working. I had to call Service Express 3 times (1 for each issue). Within 5 minutes technician would come and things were rectified. Fridge, for instance, was just replaced entirely. Service Express operator would call each time and leave an apologetic message asking how the issues was dealt with.^
Overall, this is a very nice hotel.