FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CET/Harrahs room reservations a few days apart
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:11 pm
Rookie3

Originally Posted by huge
I know I've run into this in the past with reservations in Vegas, but I've always been able to resolve it by calling ... not working for me this time:

I have a reservation at Harrahs AC 11/12-11/15, and when I log in to my TR account I can see cheap room rates for 11/18 & 11/19 that I would like to book. But when I try to do that online, it says that I can't because I already have a reservation for that time period. (Apparently 4 days is the required distance - I can book 11/19 but not 11/18)

I called and asked if they could clear the problem up so that I could book online (or match the rate I'm seeing online L.O.L.), and he tried hard to sell me on a waterfront room for double the online rate, and when I turned that down he said that it was a "glitch" in the system and that I should just try online later. I told him that I didn't believe him (which was sort of fun) and after more insistence he gave me the number for their "database department". I haven't tried calling them yet as it's evening, but I'm not super hopeful.

I could swear I got this problem solved over the phone in past years with Vegas reservations during the WSOP, but it would have been over 2 years ago so maybe their system/agents have gotten dumber or maybe my memory is failing.

Does anyone know how to get this problem fixed? Should I just keep calling until I find a rep who can fix it? Or is it a hopeless case?

(I'm not talking about a comped room or even an "offer" - just the discounted rate I get by entering my TR login)

Thanks for any wisdom you can share...
I can confirm that the rule is still 48 hours off property (i.e. your proposed reservation should work), but since I make my reservations through hosts, I can't tell you exactly how to fix it. I would just call again.