FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 7: Is there a need for Talkboard?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:38 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by goalie
TalkBoard does serve a purpose and the purpose is to make decisions as to how F/t is run/maintained/organized/what changes are made and etc. Is it perfect? No Can it be improved? Absolutely! Are decisions made good or bad? Only time tells that story and decisions should be made based on what the members want and not what a TB member thinks is best or based on a personal agenda and as for me, if I think a proposal/motion is a good thing but the majority of the members think it's a bad thing, I will vote the way the members want.

Now with that being said, I'll pose the question-If there was no Talkboard, who would make decisions on changes? There needs to be some form of governing body to do that
I agree with you 100%.

And the idea is that TB is made up of what all users can and should see as regular people/regular FTers who were elected by FTers. That way, the TB appears valid and transparent as best as possible.

I would trust an entity that is designed in this way. Heck I have been for many years now no matter the level of my involvement with all things FT