FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BKK->Singapore? And questions about Jetstar Asia
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:57 am
JMSIM

BKK->Singapore? And questions about Jetstar Asia

Hey!
Has anybody flown recently Jetstar Asia? Are they reliable? I'm a bit of a nervous flier, but in a few weeks I'm going to be flying from Bangkok to Singapore, and Jetstar Asia seems to have the best timetable & price. I dont have a timetable in Singapore, so dont mind a bit waiting around, I'm more worried about the safety of the aircraft. Or does anybody have any recommendations about other airlines? Could I expect that AirAsia's having any kind of sales within a few weeks? We have a strict flight day, monday 16th of december. AirAsia has a cheap flight 6.25 on that day, but that's too early, considering we're flying almost 30hours the day before and propably no sleep on the plane.
And one more question conserning Jetstar Asia's carry on baggage, on their website it's stated that the baggage mustn't exceed 56cm x 36cm x 23cm, but I believe the IATA carry on baggage standard for low cost airlines is 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. I have a bag that's directly those measures, just thinking will I have to purchase a claimed backage because of those few centimetres? Although the bag was marketed as an carry-on baggage for low cost airlines. Never had problems to bring it inside the aircraft before. Than again, I've never flew Jetstar Asia before.