FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 6: FlyerTalk for new members
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:31 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I agree with CMK10 on all points.

And hey I was thinking about my kids in grade school. The first graders and second graders have buddies who are 5th graders. I know it could sound silly but maybe people who have been here a while could become buddies to help others along. Like maybe the new person fills out something about what they are seeking and the potential buddy offers up things he or she is good at and can help with. The match is made and then they can chat etc. I know there's PMs but those can be intimidating for new people sometimes... to PM a vet. So with the volunteer buddy program, you now feel more welcomed. And the person who is the vet buddy gets something like FT kudos for it... like, I dunno... maybe a get out of jail free pass if they are about to get booted they can use it to avoid that haha.

but seriously, some of what I am saying may have value for new people and those already here.

I get questions all the time on how to do this or that and what if this or that. Some of it I wish the people would just KNOW first before diving in and getting burned but they don't know to know!

An example? Well, at Walmart the highest you can do is $8,999.99 in a single transaction. And the most you can do in a split payment is 4 types of payments. If everyone MSing knew this going in, they would have less to worry about.

Last edited by Marathon Man; Nov 5, 2013 at 4:39 pm