FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubling Down 5 Continent RTW Marathon (EY/SQ/NH/LH F, LA/RJ/LO/OU/SW/SA J +Others)
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:27 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Part 7 – Not Quite as Bling, Etihad Airways First Class AUH – JFK

First of all, I would like to apologize for now to the next few sections; the photo didn’t turn out super great due to dust in the lens.

I know of all of the products you can choose with Old ex-CMB F tickets
Why did I choose Etihad of all People?
1) Because this was the easiest flight to fit in the previous 2 “23 hr 59 Mins” connections at Doha and yesterday at Abu Dhabi
2) With the joining of Qatar Airways into Oneworld soon, I might as well take advantage of the present AA/EY partnership while it is still existing
3) I booked 3 days prior to departure, they were no F inventory on flights by MH/BA for example

May 20, 2013 – Monday
EY 101/AA 6006 AUH – JFK 10:00am – 4:30pm (346/F)

Another early wake-up, this time 6:00am, haven’t completely adjusted to time change yet.

Can I come again in the near future

A 7:30am planned departure from the Park Hyatt to the Airport including the some time for Breakfast at The Café

The Café

With the huge work by the PH Abu Dhabi concierge yesterday, they were able to secure the services of the Etihad First Class Limo from the Hyatt to the Airport, I was horrified to hear it took them a span of 4 hours and over 10 different phone calls.
One of the only times I usually let other people take care of my problems and glad I did this time.
Lucikly at 7:30, the Etihad car service arrived on time to pick me up, only sent an Audi though

30 Minutes later, the driver dropped me off at the curb of the Premium Departures
Bell Boys were waiting to help with passengers with large bags. As I only had my usual worn out carry-on, I declined the service.

Etihad Airways Premium Departures

Etihad First Class Check-In

I decided to take a peek of the Economy and Business/First Class check-in, as I wanted a duplicate BP to add to my collection, wait took around 3 mins in First Class for an agent, who said we’re in a recession, not in the UAE

As the Premium Security/Immigration lines were packed and backed up badly, I took a stroll to the Economy side and luckily clear Security and exit immigration in 8 Minutes.

Now 8:15, I have just around 45 Minutes to 1 Hour at the Lounge prior to heading to the gate.

Abu Dhabi Etihad Airways Terminal 3 First/Business Class Lounge

Part 7 Continues Below

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Nov 5, 2013 at 4:52 am