FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To split or not to split PNR {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:26 pm
raehl311

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
1K+GM on one PNR

Stay together until check-in and then if upgrades not processed split and GM will be 1K companion on list. If I split before check-in GM is SOL for CPU. Do I have this right?
Yeap.

Originally Posted by jalm1
When i travel with my SO (I am UA Gold, she has no status) we try to stay on the same PNR for a number of reason. However, is there a good reason to?
Handy in IRROPS so the computers know you're together. You can both upgrade.

I am looking at an upcoming holiday to Colombia and have 2x $200 gift cards. Seeing that I can only use one per reservation is it worth keeping us on the same record and using the other gift card on another reservation or splitting into two reservations? I would rather use the gift cards now, but it isn't a big issues if I don't.
You sure you can't use 2 gift cards on two people on the same PNR? "reservation" may not mean the same thing on the gift card as it does when we're talking about a single travel record.

I am looking at a Z fare, so a few of the perks of having her on my reservation (E+, etc) matter less.
If you're already buying business, the only real advantage to being on the same PNR is IRROPS handling, but even then, you'll get accommodated pretty well if you have business seats. The biggest advantage is normally upgrades, which obviously aren't an issue here.