FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Renaming Airline & Hotel Chain Forums
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:35 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
As for the issue at hand, while I'd be inclined to call it a "no brainer," I don't want anyone to read that "the people involved in the decision making" process don't have any brains, so I won't.

Originally Posted by JALPak
This should be Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Ok. Thanks for letting me know. I was going off the way it's currently listed on FT. Can make the change if/when approved.

Originally Posted by Prospero
Thanks for all your efforts in bringing this proposal forward. The list of forum name looks good, subject to a very small number of very minor tweaks/refinements.

Airline groups such as those represented by Flying Blue and Miles & More are tricky. My inclination would be to list the pre-dominant carrier first followed by only those subsidiary carriers specifically represented by a sub forum and let the “and other partners” and forum description line can take up the slack.

For example,
Lufthansa, Swiss, and other partners | Miles & More
For all discussions related to Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Adria Airways, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Germanwings, LOT, Luxair, Swiss, and the Miles & More program

Air France, KLM, and other partners | Flying Blue
For all discussions related to Air France, KLM, Air Europa, Kenya Airways, TAROM, and the Flying Blue program
Agree. I had already suggested something similar in a PM w/ one of the mods when the topic was raised in the other discussion thread.

Cheers.