FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubling Down 5 Continent RTW Marathon (EY/SQ/NH/LH F, LA/RJ/LO/OU/SW/SA J +Others)
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:30 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Part 4 – Qatar Airways Regional Business Class CMB – DOH

With the last minute ex-CMB ticket booked 2 days prior to the start of the trip, I didn’t prepare most of my hotels or anything else in great detail and it showed later in the next couple section of the report.
With no hotel for this 9 Hour overnight connection, I decided to try my luck at the Airside Airport hotel.
6 Hours for 50 US dollar, not bad, they did want one of my more pristine bills though.
0:30 – 6:30, pretty good timing to check-in for my Qatar flight.

Serendiva Airport Hotel

May 18, 2013 – Saturday
QR 301 CMB – DOH 9:25am – 11:45am (321/J)

Checked out at 6:20am, prior to coming to Sri Lanka, I previously did an ETA online for 1 day transit.
However, it took a little bit of extra time to explain why I was entering Sri Lanka for 45 Minutes.

And I apologies for not getting the necessary photos, in arrival areas like Australia or the UK, you can buy duty-free items like alcohol, sweets and perfumes.
In Sri Lanka, you buy washing machines and fridges instead.

Wonder if they just get twine and tie it to the top of the car on the way home???

The exit area after baggage claim had a Sri Lankan National and a foreigner line, as weird as things go, the foreigner line was completely unguarded while the other has at least 5 customs agents

Colombo Bandaranaike Airport

This is by far the most amount of security to the plane I’ve ever faced.
3 Stages of metal detectors, 1 right at the terminal curb, 1 inside the terminal before the check-in desk, plus another 1 at the gate.

Qatar Airways Check-In

And after the initial 2 stages of security, plus check-in, I’m back airside.

You may take a photo of the Airport Buddha, but don’t turn your back to it

And you might not take a photo of the apron from the general area but you can take one from the lounges?!?

Another weird rule indeed???...

Qatar with its numerous amount of Contract lounge uses the “Araliya Lounge” in CMB

Colombo Araliya Lounge

The lounge has a good amount of offering including western offering such as eggs, and sausage as well as local choices. After a nice breakfast with sweets, drinks, I decided to head to the gate 14.
Crap, where is my boarding pass, since I couldn’t find it, I went back to the transfer desk for some help. As check-in was already closed, they made due with a couple phone calls and a hand-written boarding pass.

Qatar Airways Airbus 321-200

*6th flight, 17317 Miles flown since Apr 28
Qatar Airways 301
Colombo to Doha
Scheduled - 9:25am – 11:45am, 4 hr 50 min flight
Actual Departure – 9:12am
On Time Arrival – 11:29am
Business Class, Seat 2C>3A
Food – Breakfast
Equipment – Airbus 321-200 (12J/165Y Config)

Part 4 Continues Below

Last edited by Short hair Francis; May 7, 2014 at 9:37 am