FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Nov 2, 2013, 5:53 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Taken half an hour early, asked for passport, driving licence and police cert (Disclosure Scotland PVG cert accepted without an issue). Didn't need my conditional approval letter or proof of address (although I guess the driving licence has that on it anyway!).
My grandma got done in Las Vegas the other week, which was a bit of a hoot, other than the officers kept referring to me as her son. She used Basic Disclosure Scotland, didn't seem to be a problem, though it is not specifically listed as an opton in the documentation. The invitation letter was cast aside, but they did scan her HMRC Tax Coding letter as proof of address. They didn't bother with the video or demonstration "as your son can show you how to do it". Lot of laughter all round:

TSA officer "So you were born, oh my goodness...."
Grandma in full on Golden Girls mode "Are you saying I'm old?"
TSA officer (struggling somewhat with his diversity training) "Er no, um...."
Me: "She's old"
Grandma: "You can shut up".

Questions asked were: how many times do you visit the USA, business or pleasure, where do you typically enter the US (in other words checking against the information gained upon entry).