FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Dispute Resolution - Tips and Tales [Consolidated]
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:43 pm
flyershmlyer

Originally Posted by jatink129
Woah.
That's insane.

Though OP, you should have not called Chase.
I would have just walked out (Good Lord, Rome has a lot of these people, doesn't it?!) and then once the charge posted, I would've called and said that I don't recognize the charge.

AFAIK, once a customer does that, it's upon the MERCHANT, to prove that the charge is valid or not.Atleast, that's how AMEX does it.
Or maybe AMEX is just plain awesome.

Off Topic- Try Rome in the winter. 90% less tourists. 90% less scams. 100% better tours. and 10000% better photographs.
You card doesn't walk out in the middle of the night, gets charged, and climb back in your wallet, only for you to not recognize those charges in the morning. If you claim that then you're saying your card was compromised, ie new account number, which other charges are you disputing, etc.

in retrospect, even if not the case, it might've been easier for OP to go down that route, than put himself through this nightmare. still amazed at chase for vehemently sticking to their point for a measly 50 euros.