FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Dispute Resolution - Tips and Tales [Consolidated]
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:39 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had similar experience in Rome in 2012. The bill was much higher than expected and of course items never ordered appeared on the bill. I refused to pay for that and told them to correct the bill first. They refused. I told them to call the Police and we would sort this out when the Police arrives. They backed down and I paid with cash - I would not take ANY chance to let them get hold of my CC.

Rome is one of the worst European cities where it is full of low life scumbags. Paris, sadly, is getting that way too because of the influx of immigrants from some countries.

You really really cannot give your CC to anyone, including in US, when the amount is incorrect to start with.

Also you need to read the CC slip carefully before you sign it. Earlier this year we were in a local restaurant when the CC slip came back, instead of $17xx, it was $117xx. The print was really small, like ants, and you had to really look at it very carefully to catch it. I just felt the number looked funny and held it up against light source to read it - then found out the extra 1. I took the slip to the register and demanded the guy to reverse the authorization right there, as well as to give me the restaurant's receipt. When I later checked Chase online I saw both the $117xx and the $17xx as pending. I called Chase and informed the CSR what had happened and the CSR agreed to notate the account. After 2 days the $117xx fell off, presumably due to the reversal done on the spot.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 1, 2013 at 8:50 pm