FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:55 pm
MDtR-Chicago
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I'm on quite an epic adventure with SkyGuide right now.

My one year membership expired in July. No combination of trying to renew or sign up for a new account would work - no matter if I used Incognito, new e-mail, new CC number, etc.

Every different offer page would either give a cryptic error message or immediately say it signed me up (way too fast to actually have done it).

Eventually, I called in and asked if I could just renew over the phone. The gentleman at customer service said he would first try the same offer code I had used before ($19.95 first year). It didn't work. Then he tried a different $19.95 one-year code he had in his database that he said he knew was still valid. For that one, he said it looked like it was submitted correctly, but would take 72 hours to process.

We're now a week later. A total of TWELVE authorizations hit my credit card and NONE of them turned into a charge. My account is still expired.

I'm going to call and ask them to completely delete the old account and start over. However, what may be useful to the rest of you... there IS apparently still a $19.95 first-year code that is available to the reps at customer service (1-800-365-4357).