FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking trip from London to LAS April 2014 - options?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:01 pm
tfboy

Booking trip from London to LAS April 2014 - options?

Hi,
I'm after a bit of advice - I need to fly to Las Vegas beginning of April next year for the NAB trade show. I'd be flying out of London (LHR and LGW are fine).

Having looked at FB's promo awards, they are currently only published till end of March 2014.
I did look at booking a FB award ticket anyway, and low and behold, there's availability. But upon checking the route, it's a 24hr trip via MEX I'm all for saving some money, but not if it means doubling the travel time!

So is it worth booking a return trip to say Chicago, Atlanta, DFW on FB miles and then booking the shorter segment seperately?

In your experience, what's the best way of doing it?

I currently have nearly 200k miles so might as well start using them (and am currently Platinum if it makes any difference). If not, I can book a direct flight from LHR or LGW via BA or Virgin and pay for it. It just seems a shame to have all those FB miles and not use them.

Ironically, I did check BA's website as I have around 180k Avios points, but availability to LAS is dire so not an option unless I also explore a multi-hop trip.

Thanks in advance,
Xav