FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubling Down 5 Continent RTW Marathon (EY/SQ/NH/LH F, LA/RJ/LO/OU/SW/SA J +Others)
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:23 pm
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Part 1 – A Salute to the World’s 2nd Longest Flight, SQ J LAX – SIN Non-Stop

Start of another Trip Report, for this 1st Part on the outbound, I used one of my remaining RGN RJ Y tickets, what else am I going to use lol
What can I say, Rangoon keeps on loving! <3
I decided to skip writing that part bahaha
There would be 2 sections of RJ Y later on in this report anyway.
As for the return, I could’ve use the returning part of the RJ Y ticket, but needing to go back to work in healthy condition, I decided to take the more comfortable option of SQ Business and defer the RJ Y ticket for a trip 3 weeks later.

Apr 28, 2013 – Sunday
AC 791 YYZ – LAX 8:10am – 10:40am (763/Y)
SQ 37 LAX – SIN 9:15pm – 5:40am(+2) [Apr 30] (345/J)

Another Weekend, another trip back to the YYZ land.
How many trips have I gone through these last couple weeks, oh ya 3 HKG-YYZ trips in 6 weeks
Had a Birthday Party, more dinners plus another date in the falls, not too shabby.

Back in the Falls

A last minute plan change in LAX resulted in an empty Sunday in SoCal all by myself, but as I didn’t want to change the plans anymore, I stuck with my original gameplan I had.
5:00am, perfect time to wake up for any flight, especially on Sunday morning no less.
30 Minutes later, I was ready to step out of my friend’s apartment.
And a 25 minutes’ drive later, I’m back at Pearson, going to miss renting these Volvo C30s, fast and sporty.

Back inside Pearson Terminal 1, being an AA flyer all these year, I still feel out of place flying out of here

With a short wait of 2 people at check-in, I was quickly processed and off to the CBP checkpoint.
Luckily it was a Sunday morning and with minimal wait at CBP and at security.
Was quickly inside the YYZ US Departure Maple Leaf Club.

Toronto Pearson Air Canada US Departure Maple Leaf Club

After a quick shower and having a continental breakfast mix of yogurts, cereals, breads and hard boiled eggs.
I head down to the gate 61 for the Los Angeles flight.

For some reason, Air Canada decided to shift out the Airbus 321 in lieu of a Boeing 767-300 for this morning flight, no that I’m complaining, and armed with a bulkhead aisle seat grabbed at T-24 OLCI, I was a happy camper.

Air Canada Boeing 767-300

*1st flight, 2175 Miles flown since Apr 28
Air Canada 791
Toronto Pearson to Los Angeles
Scheduled - 8:10am – 10:40am, 5 hr 30 mins flight
Actual Departure – 8:06am
On Time Arrival – 10:16am
Economy Class, Seat 12H
Food – Food For Purchase
Equipment – Boeing 767-300 (24J/187Y Pod Config)

Part 1 Continues Below

Last edited by Short hair Francis; May 7, 2014 at 9:32 am