FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - how do you deal with poor FA service?
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:18 am
TrojanTraveler

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by jsmith50
As has been noted in other threads (see TH's thread on shenanigans) it is often a bad idea to confront a FA while on the plane. However, when poor service is exceptionally obvious, I have on occasion approached another FA on the flight and while making small talk mentioned that service in F has been relatively slow and would it be possible for me to get a drink refill, a snack, etc. I've found that there is enough accountability between FAs that often if the one assigned to F won't step it up, the one I approach usually pitches in and service improves dramatically.

Good Luck! Hope you can enjoy the rest of your flight!
I think this is the best approach. Unfortunately, no matter how nice/civil you are, you risk getting a bad FA who has the power to escalate anything and actually create problems for you when you arrive (e.g. LEOs). Sadly, I've seen this more than once.

Usually, though, I've found that if you directly approach another FA and ask for something, they will help you out.

Regardless, unless there are safety issues involved, there is absolutely no excuse for bad/spotty/surly service.