FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Philippine Airlines 105: Direct or Non-Stop?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:00 pm
bluegreentravel

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by nycsfo
I'm scheduled to take PR105 from SFO-MNL in a week, and am excited to try out PR's Mabuhay Class. The fare was too good to pass up! While it won't affect my trip much, I've seen conflicting information on whether or not the flight stops in GUM. My itinerary from PR doesn't list a stop in GUM, but tripit seems to think we'll be on the ground there for less than an hour. The various flight tracking sites are all over the place about when the flight leaves and whether it will stop in GUM.

Is the PAL itinerary authoritative? I'd hate to screw something up by relying on a schedule that was only in effect when I booked the ticket.
There may or may not be a GUM stopover, but the plane usually arrives on time in MNL.

PR flies A340 and B747 to/from SFO! Cross your fingers that you'll be using the B747 with the newer angled-lie flat beds (I prefer an upper deck seat, or the front row of the lower deck - more spacious), rather than the back-breaking A340 with the old recliner seats - which are comfortable for regional flights, but not for TPAC. If you do get the A340, make sure to get row 1 or 2, the former First cabin, with the same seats but more space and recline.