FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This week in TSA history starting 1/1/2013
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:24 pm
DeafBlonde

Originally Posted by goalie
According to our friends, it's all about firearms* but I added a two of my own goodies

http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/10/tsa-week...-firearms.html

*tho according to their own information, there were a bunch of "artfully concealed items" but since they are not firearms, I guess they don't count
Artfully Concealed Prohibited Items – It’s important to examine your bags prior to traveling to ensure no prohibited items are inside. If a prohibited item is discovered in your bag or on your body, you could be cited and quite possibly arrested by local law enforcement. Here are a few examples from this week where prohibited items were found by our officers in strange places.
•A belt buckle knife was discovered at Denver (DEN).
•A multi-tool was found concealed in a shirt, wrapped in a towel, and placed in a book at Mobile (MOB).
•A razorblade was detected in the wallet between two medical insurance cards that were taped together at Philadelphia (PHL).
•A Swiss Army knife was found attached to a disposable razor in an attempt to sneak it through the checkpoint at Minneapolis St. Paul (MSP).
Well, let's see... Nope, all the things listed would either be in carry on bags or detected with a WTMD. Nothing attributable to the NoS BS, just old fashioned bag x-ray and WTMD.