FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What does "next flight available" mean on United Airlines?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 1:43 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by emilio911
I am just curious to know if UA airport agents are able to rebook someone on an AC codeshare flight. I understand they need to be "at fault", they have policies and blah blah blah... ...
if the situation warrants it, airports agents have a width range of powers -- including rebooking OAL (other airlines) after checking availability and preference is to stay in the alliance. UA will handle its elites first.

Originally Posted by emilio911
....From my personal experience, UA phone agents are unable to rebook someone on an AC flight even if there is some major schedule change or flight cancellation. (Phone agents are clearly unable to rebook someone on a AC codeshare flight, not solely "unwilling".) .....
phone agetns are clearly able to book/rebook on partners but in general they are not empowered -- will likely require a supervisors approval and agents will be reluctant to do this. Status with UA helps in these situations.

Understand you are doing contingency planning but it is impossible to provide an 100% certainty answer because there are too many other unknown factors.

But I would agree with others 35 minutes connect time with a T3 to T1 change is a poor risk even if UA preforms perfectly if arriving at schedule time is important.