FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I being double dinged for reward stay?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 3:39 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cjd
The way Hilton has set up the Award points system in Hhonors accounts is really confusing and certainly not user friendly. As soon as you make an Award booking, the points are deducted from your account, but the only record of the award points is in your future reservations under each hotel booking. As soon as you complete the Award stay, the points deduction shows up in the "recent activity" section.

However, if you log into this UK Hilton site, you get to see your Award point deductions. Look under Hhonors Account, View My Hhonors Activity, then click on Redemption History. It gives the date you booked the award, the reward type, no of points redeemed and the certificate number.

https://secure.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb...ernate_hhonors

Hopefully, this may help to see if you've been charged the Award points twice, which is sometimes the way it appears on the main site. Don't know why they can't have this info on the main Hhonors webpage
Thanks for posting the UK site.

i have long given up trying to keep track of point movement solely relying on HHonor site. I use a simple spreadsheet to make sure the points are correctly posted after on one cancellation 40K pts do not return to the account automatically. It took 10 days before they were willing to open a case for the missing points and another week before the "Help Desk" rep was willing to look into it all because they deducted 165K TWICE on an AXON booking at that time...

The HHonor site and its Customer Service truly get a from me.