FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I being double dinged for reward stay?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:29 am
cjd

Originally Posted by millsryno
I booked a reward stay several months ago for an October stay at Hilton Clearwater Beach and have since completed the stay. I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights each @ 40K points per room per night. The total should be 80K per room, 160K total. As is normal, when I originally reserved these rooms (months ago), it took out the 160K points at the time of reservation.

When I log into my account and click "all points activity" or "past stays", I see two separate stays listed for -160K points (in the "points earned column" it says "-160000") for my stay at the hotel. When I click to view receipt, I can verify that both receipts have the same confirmation number. When I click expand, I can verify that both stays have two certificate numbers listed. The two numbers are different numbers, but each stay has the same two numbers listed.

I reach out to the diamond desk and they tell me that regardless of what I see on my screen, since they are both the same reservation number, rest assured I am only being deducted the 160K points, not the 320K points.

It still does not sit well with me. I cannot see any way to verify this on my own other than taking their word for it. I do not see any kind of monthly statement that I can reconcile from. Any advise?
The way Hilton has set up the Award points system in Hhonors accounts is really confusing and certainly not user friendly. As soon as you make an Award booking, the points are deducted from your account, but the only record of the award points is in your future reservations under each hotel booking. As soon as you complete the Award stay, the points deduction shows up in the "recent activity" section.

However, if you log into this UK Hilton site, you get to see your Award point deductions. Look under Hhonors Account, View My Hhonors Activity, then click on Redemption History. It gives the date you booked the award, the reward type, no of points redeemed and the certificate number.

https://secure.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb...ernate_hhonors

Hopefully, this may help to see if you've been charged the Award points twice, which is sometimes the way it appears on the main site. Don't know why they can't have this info on the main Hhonors webpage

Last edited by cjd; Oct 26, 2013 at 8:42 am