FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slightly worried that my luggage will go AWOL
Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:49 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Epu
How "long" is maximum connecting time without rechecking my luggage ? I'm doing OSL-LHR-MAA next month with an approx 14 hour stopover at LHR.
Do I have to take out my luggage and recheck it next morning?
My understanding - not being a luggage sort of person - is that checked luggage can stay up to 24 hours in Heathrow according to the planned schedule, so this overnight stay should be fine. There are some people who don't like the idea / worry about it, so you should also be able to take it with you on arrival into LHR and recheck the next day if that is what you prefer to do. This is provided the entire trip is on oneworld or you have one through ticket. The same applies at LGW, but does not apply at LCY, they won't do overnight luggage unless it happens by mistake or irrop.