FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS: a mixed bag (and how to address issue?)
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:55 am
VidaNaPraia

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
At BOS terminal A right now. Had both a decent and really annoying experience at security. Compared to some stories, it's not that bad, but today really set me off.

Started out fine enough in the elite line (far right end). The TDC was friendly and efficient; got through that ok. Went to the left bay, right line. As I lined up a TSA @]&#$!!! went out away from the machine and started yelling at the pax in the regular lines (non-elite) to come up to the elite lines. The moving the people was fine with me, the way she did it wasn't. She stood out by where I was and was yelling at the others 50-ish feet away, saying things like "People! Over here! Come on!" with a tone of voice as though she were speaking to clueless people, getting exasperated when they didn't come (not surprising, since she wasn't being loud enough to be heard down at that end). Finally exclaimed "Jesus!" and walked down closer.

After she came back, I asked for her name and read it off her card. I said it to confirm with her, and she then told me her first name. I said it again to confirm, and then got back in line. She then walked to another passenger in line and commented about how I had asked her name, repeated it, and said it was "creepy". I then said I wanted to be sure when I got the name right when I sent the comment form into the TSA. She then started walking around to a couple different people (both pax and coworkers) and talked about how I was submitting a comment form with the attitude of "who, me? I'm ok doing whatever I want here at the checkpoint". Fortunately, I didn't have to interact with her again......
But the first agent's cattleherder mentality and rudeness really set me off, and I want to do something about it. What's the recommended way(s) to make people aware of #$%$!@! TSA agents who don't know how to be polite and present a proper customer-service image?
Much ado over not much IMO. I understand the feelings. But.....It is what it is. Just adds to the stress of traveling to initiate some big fuss over this (Call your Senator?????). Too much other really stressful stuff, like delayed flights that cause a missed connection or being held on the runway for hours or G-d forbid a crash, to obssess over things like wanting a low-income/low-skill worker (and the fact that this is who TSA has hired, which you already knew, even before booking your flight) to change his/her spots.
(btw Don't ever think of traveling to Brazil if you react this way. The concept of "customer service" doesn't exist in the thinking there.)