FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SCORE ONE for the good guys! I stopped the GA from giving my UG to a non rev.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:56 am
FlyDeltaJets87
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How about a $20,000 DM on an E fare versus a $19,999 DM on a B fare? Unless DL uses thresholds for MQDs, there will rarely be ties, so fare class would no longer matter. This could be a bit of DL shooting itself in the foot since some people will buy higher fare classes (or their employers do) partly for the better upgrade opportunities.

OTOH purely as a tiebreaker, MQDs might be more sensible than time of upgrade request.
The other issue - would the MQDs being used be current year or previous year? If using "Current Year", you may drive away customers who have less travel earlier in the year and more later in the year but are now behind the power curve.

I still think the interesting one is "$20K PM" over "$19,999 DM" on any fare. The argument becomes very strong that the PM should be upgraded over the DM. I think if the system went to such a formula though, you'd see elite status being only revenue based and the mileage requirements done away with.